Eating the wrong foods before and after exercising has a great impact on your achievements and overall health. Why waste time? …Exercising is hard enough as it is . Here you will learn why eating and exercising correctly are so important.
We’ll take it one step at a time.
- Whether a high intensity or low intensity workout, make sure you balance your carbohydrate and protein accordingly. This “percentage split” depends on whether you intend doing cardio or resistance training and at what level of intensity.
- Plan your day so that you eat your pre-workout meal at least one hour before you train. Two hundred calories will be enough for a low intensity workout. If you are doing a high intensity cardio workout then between 4000 and 5000 calories will see you through nicely.
- The percentage split, for cardio training should be 2/3 carbohydrates and 1/3 proteins. This will ensure you have enough sustained energy from the carbohydrates to keep you going. The protein feeds your muscles to help them from breaking down while training.
- On the other hand for resistance training you want to swap this ratio around to, 1/3 carbohydrates and 2/3 protein. That way you will have plenty of carbohydrates, giving you enough 먹튀커뮤니티 energy to get through each set. The extra protein ensures your muscle breakdown is kept to a minimum.
- Eating after you train, is as important as your pre workout meal. No matter if you do cardio or resistance training, your glycogen levels have just been depleted. Glycogen is what your brain and nervous system run on… So replace this quickly after training. If you don’t, your body starts breaking down muscle tissue in order to convert it into amino acids for fuel.
After a cardio workout, wait 5-10 minutes before eating a carbohydrate rich meal of 30 to 50grams (per portion) of three different carbohydrates.
For the resistance training you need to wait at least 30 minutes before eating; this allows the blood to stay in the muscles for repair work on the micro tears, rather than rushing off to digest food. A combination meal of carbohydrates and proteins should then be eaten.
Few people eat properly while training, if you follow my advice you will certainly stay ahead of the herd.